The Psychiatrist is responsible for providing coordinated psychiatric services to patients utilizing the clinical services of Generations Family Health Center. Clinical services provided shall include routine and crisis adult and pediatric care as assigned. The scope of practice includes evaluation, diagnosis, medication assessments and adjustment, patient education, and treatment planning. The Psychiatrist will be knowledgeable about agency and clinical policies, keep all patient information confidential, and shall assume responsibility for the development and realization of an individual ongoing care plan for all patients. Bilingual candidate preferred.
- Assures provision of behavioral health care to all Generations Family Health Center patients including, but not limited to:
- Establishing a database on patients by obtaining an appropriate health,
developmental, and psychosocial history, as well as conducting a thorough
clinical assessment and ordering/performing, and interpreting screening and
diagnostic procedures and tests.
- Screens and diagnoses psychiatric symptoms and illnesses.
- Monitors medication and dosages and adjusts as necessary.
- Providing treatment according to APA Practice Guidelines, as well as
accepted agency standards and protocols.
- Assisting in the management of referred and/or complex problems with
other members of the agency and community health nurses, mental health workers, and other community resources.
- As requested works in a collaborative and appropriate manner with other
agency providers, clinical support staff, and administrative personnel.
- Recognizes and utilizes opportunities for health education for patients
- Maintains accurate, complete, comprehensive, legible medical records, and
returns all assigned charts or patient data (labs, reports, forms, etc.) to
Medical Records in a timely fashion. Documents treatment plans, as well as any changes to the treatment plan in the patient chart.
- May provide night and weekend coverage in rotation with colleagues, as applicable to position. May provide coverage in health center during leaves of fellow staff.
- Supervises multi-discliplinary team of allied health professionals in the treatment of patients.
- Provide short and long term psychotherapy and the concurrent use of medications.
- Provide counseling for individuals, families, and groups.
- Conduct comprehensive diagnostic evaluations, providing written report responsive to referral questions, and indicating appropriate treatment recommendations.
- Coordination with other Behavioral Health Department and Medical staff to ensure comprehensive, integrated care for patients.
- Demonstrates efforts to maintain and improve job specific competencies and incorporates new knowledge into practice.
- Acts in accord with standing agency contractual agreements with health maintenance organizations, insurance plans, and other managed care organizations.
- Participates in agency quality assurance and improvement efforts.
- Works jointly, as requested, with the Site Manager and/or Behavioral Health Director and/or other administrative personnel in the areas of utilization management, data retrieval, and the establishment and/or revision of clinical policies and protocols.
- Acts as a resource to all Generations Family Health Center sites when requested.
- Maintains ongoing education through completion of required continuing medical education credits.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of principles of fire safety, infection control, hazardous communication program, standard and transmission-based precautions and general safety.
- Assists other staff, when time permits, in the completion of their duties to assure smooth function of the office.
- Maintains target productivity standards as established by Generations Family Health Center as influenced by infringing factors of access, practice load and complexity of problems seen.
- Works in coordination with other community agencies and providers to integrate patient objectives and strategies.
- Participates in case conferences and attends staff meetings, trainings, and other activities as requested.
Generations offers an attractive and competitive salary along with an excellent, comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, & Disability insurance, 403b Retirement Savings Plan, 5 weeks Paid time Off, 9 Paid holidays, 4 CME Days off, CME Courses & Professional Development Stipends, Malpractice Insurance.
Interested applicants should submit cover letter and resume directly online for consideration.
***********NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED***********
Closing Date: Candidate screening will begin immediately. Open until filled
Generations Family Health Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce
*****NO STAFFING AGENCIES PLEASE*****